Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Help Me Choose: Fabric for Kitchen Window Shade

I want to thank you all for the lovely comments on the kitchen hardware post. It’s about time we got them installed and we could not be happier with the result.


Next project I would like to check off my list is the kitchen sink window coverings. As I said before, the window has the unfortunate luck to overlook the side of our neighbour’s house. And I’m not thrilled with the view.

I looked through the Tonic Living website for fabric choice, but couldn’t commit to a $30/yard fabric for this project. Next up I browsed the Ikea website and found four different fabrics that I think could work in our kitchen well. All under $10/meter.

Here’s where I need your help. I would love to hear which of the four fabrics you like best. Will it be:
Option 1: Cecilia aka Floral Black and Green

Option 2: Majken aka Large Scale Fruit

Option 3: Tradklover aka Immitation Histon's Fireworks

Option 4: Stockholm Blad aka Floral Gray

10 comments:

  1. I like the scale of Option 1- Cecilia for your window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hush, I think the scale will be the deciding factor between the fabrics. That and how thick it is.

      Now I just need to get my butt over there and choose. Online shopping is good and all, but it doesn't beat being able to touch the fabric and see the colours yourself.

      Delete
  2. I like #4 for it softness and modesty:) Second option would be #1- green leaf motifs go well with your little plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ksenia, I REALLY love Option 1 for that kelly shade of green.

      Delete
  3. #2! The scale is just right so the pattern doesn't loose itself. The black pulls into your counter, the grey into your wall colour and the shapes work with your faucets and add some curves. Will you do a tension rod and a pocket at top? Or a roman blind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilia,
      you read my mind. I was thinking Option 2 until I saw the fabric in person. The scale is HUGE, much larger than it looks in my approximation. So I"m still undecided. I like all but Option 3, it's lovely, just not "me".

      I am going to try a tension rode and see how that works. As I said, something simple and function. Just need to block out the neighbour's siding!

      Delete
  4. I like #4. In a recent issue of Style at Home they painted in some parts of that fabric and used it as a wall hanging. It looked really pretty and I think it could work here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. painting that fabric is a GREAT idea. I never thought of that! I love the scale, but was bummed out about lack of color.

      Thank yoU! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving Option #1 and #2 - the scale and the colours are what sold me. They add the right amount of interest and fun! Can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to add kelly green, that is my fav colour at the moment, so I"m definitely thinking in that direction.

      I can't wait to go into the store and touch the fabrics and see the colours. I'm sure the right choice will jump out at me once I"m there.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. I'm all ears and smiles.