Monday, November 5, 2012

Kitchen Hardware, Installed

This weekend hubby finally hunkered down and installed kitchen hardware. We chose THESE from Ikea. And I'm really happy with the results. I think bold hardware is what our kitchen needed. Before hardware, the kitchen looked very very simple. Very very white. Hardware added character, interest and personality. And we really like it.

The only thing we're going to change is the corner cabinet door. We are going to have it open to the left (right now it opens to the right). This will move the vertical hardware away from all the horizontal drawers and clean that side up a bit.

I debated using smaller scale (but same collection) hardware for the small drawers in the 36" drawer cabinet (picture 4), but decided against it. Too much differentiation for me.

Also, if you will notice, I used same huge hardware on the upper cabinets as I did on the drawers. And I love it so so so much. I love the vertical line it creates. I love how it dresses up the doors. I love everything about it.

So that's it for this weekend. Next up: toe kick.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Very sleek and modern. Also love how your stove stands out and dishwasher blends in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what impact it has. Very well done. It's great to see a full room view of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I'm all ears and smiles.