Monday, January 28, 2013

Gallery Wall

 I have been dreaming of putting together a gallery wall for what feels like ever. Because we've had professional family photos done before + we have tons of art made by Miss C + we collect art when we travel = I had an incredibly hard time choosing pieces that would make up the gallery wall.

The central print is from the MadeByGirl shop. I love it so much, it feels so fitting. Photos of our little family were taken by Shabana, and I've written about them before HERE and HERE. She might not be super happy to find out that I had them printed at Staples of all places! And while they would only do them in gloss, the quality of detail is amazing and the price was VERY reasonable. The seashells print is actually a postcard we picked up while on a family vacation in Turks and Caicos, HERE.

The cabinet is a BESTA Ikea unit with high glass white doors. I love the black hardware. During the summer I had ordered this hardware from Astro Design Centre as a tester for the kitchen cabinets. While they didn't work for the kitchen, I kept them in hopes that they will work for the BESTA units I knew we would be getting. And I LOVE them. They are completely perfect as the holes are drilled from the back of the cabinet and the hardware looks gorgeous hugging the door.

Instead of using stock legs for the BESTA unit, we bought Ikea's CAPITA legs in 8" length instead. I highly recommend doing this with your BESTA units. It brings them a little bit higher than the 5" stock legs, and I can't get enough of how skinny and straight they are. Added bonus is that these little guys are adjustable. Which is perfect where the floors are not perfectly level.

The four brass candle holders I bought at Value Villages a few years ago. LOVE THEM so so much! The curtains were made by me from THIS fabric via Tonic Living.

Next up, how I semi-custom framed original art.

7 comments:

  1. I love how this little nook turned out! The black handles are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thank you for taking the time to comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Simply gorgeous. I think you shouldn't stop at just having one gallery wall:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey you! :) we still have tons of art to put up. One day at a time!

      Delete
  3. staples?!?1 hahaha nooooo!
    as long as you're happy :).
    it looks like such a beautiful inspired little corner in your home. I'm *slowly* putting together pieces for our living room gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, these things take time. Best advice is to choose frames and pieces you love and it will come together beautifully.

      FYI - Blacks was going to take over 3 weeks for a 15"by15" print, and I couldn't wait that long. Costco told me to "dumb down" my photos because the quality was too high for their little printers to handle (what the what!). I can't say I'm 100% happy. But for $25 I paid for 4 prints, I'm good with it for now!

      Delete
  4. Love the art decoration combination with the various frames, including the clock!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com
    GIVEAWAY: Yuni Kelley Designs (J Crew inspired) Bracelet

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I'm all ears and smiles.