Friday, June 3, 2016

I don't have a smart post title #1

Me being me, I’ve been putting together mood boards for the new house for months now. No so blog worthy, but definitely functional to consider our options. One item that I’ve known from the start was going to be on our list is a new sofa. But not just any sofa, a dark brown leather sofa with a single seat cushion.
Amber Interiors - blowing up the web this week
I read somewhere that a single cushion sofa is more seating-friendly than when cushions are split up. This idea has sat with me for a while, and when it came time to look for sofas that’s exactly what I wanted. Single cushion.

I also really love the look of warm brown against white walls. So earthy, such a sit-down-put-your-feet-up (not to mention child friendly) choice. 
Lauren Liess - love love love (notice the leather sofa peeking from the bottom left corner)
I’m trying hard for a balance between simplicity and coziness. We still like modern lines, but we’ve moved on from minimalism per se. I’m not sure if I’m explaining it properly, but the best example would be my favourite designer Lauren Liess’ work. It feels like de-stress central and I’m craving that atmosphere for us too.

Less than three months before move in. Yay!

PS. pre-paint great room.

No comments:

Post a Comment